Sunday, June 13, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Thanks to all for entering the giveaway. There were 84 total entries (including one deleted comment). This morning I used a random number generator at Random.org, which selected the following entries, in order, as the five winners:
- #72: jenfurru said...My all time favorite chocolate is Esther Price chocolates, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. I grew up in Cincy and have fond memories of her chocolate candy.
- #82: George said...My favorite sweet treat.... definitely fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, still soft and warm with melty, runny chocolate. Yum!
- #57: Cheryl Oliver said...Nothing but nothing beats a large chocolate MALT!!!! especially on a hot day. That's probably why I need to lose some weight!!!
- #24: Susanne said...I believe my favorite treat is one that I stay away from... Mississippi Mud... you take a brownie recipe, layer marshmellow creme and then add a thick fudge frosting. A 1x1 square is to die for! I also am so addicted to marshmellow peeps, and enjoy them stale...But, I too must stay away from so much intense sugar... Love your books and am looking forward to a great summer read..
- #51: Abigail said...I love South African pancakes ... rolled up with cinnamon and sugar. They taste even better when my husband makes them.
If you didn't win...you can blame the random number generator. :-) But be sure to look for Sweet Misfortune on the shelf at your nearest book store, starting today!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Today several boxes of my newest book, Sweet Misfortune, showed up at my house. While I appreciate my publisher's generosity, I honestly don't know what to do with them all. The only thing I can think of is...give them away!
So here's the deal: the main character in this book, Sophie Jones, has a bit of a sweet tooth. To be entered to win a signed copy, post a comment to this blog in which you identify your favorite candy or other sweet treat. It's that easy. Five people will be selected at random. The contest closes at midnight on June 9th, just before the book is officially available in stores on June 10th. Check back on the 10th to see if you've won.
For the record, my new favorite 'sweet' is Chocolate Soup. My wife just discovered the recipe, and it's to die for.
Oh, and after you've entered the contest, feel free to check out Sophie Jones's blog.